Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Child's Garden of Verses

My Aunts this morning reminded me of the book A Child's Garden of Verses, that their mother read to them, and my grandmother read to me as a child.  Robert Lewis Stevenson was an amazing poet and these poems are so fun!  I am so thankful my Grandmother took the time to read these to me and I will forever have fond memories in my heart of her:) 
So here's a poem that inspired me this morning from that book!
This is the book I had at my house
when i was growing up!

                                                                   




              

 The Swing

How do you like to go up in a swing,
     Up in the air so blue?
Oh, I do think it the pleasantest thing
     Ever a child can do!

Up in the air and over the wall,
     Till I can see so wide,
River and trees and cattle and all
     Over the countryside--

Till I look down on the garden green,
     Down on the roof so brown--
Up in the air I go flying again,
     Up in the air and down!


 
Childs playground; The Mango Tree

No comments:

Post a Comment