Monday, May 16, 2011

Garden 101 for the keiki




This is what we are growing:)

Today was a great day.  Eamon stayed home sick, but not too sick, from school.  I had them come out to help me in the garden.  We got inspired to grow sunflowers because of  book we checked out from the library.  Its called The Sunflower House, so we are going to attempt to make one! 

If today recreates itself throughout the summer, we are going to have so much fun!  It's days like today that I feel like I really am a great mother, wife, and human being.  I've been inspired.....  So here's so photos:)




Getting the pots together


Filling carefully with dirt

2 seeds per pot

Finished Product!











2 comments:

  1. Cool! I love sunflowers. Are these the kind you can get edible seeds from or are they just ornamental?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both! Some are edible and some ornamental!

    ReplyDelete